MenuClose Menu
NEST logo
Access your mails here
Image my account

What should I do if I enrol a worker with an incorrect start date?

If you have recently enrolled an employee with an incorrect start date, you’ll need to cancel their enrolment and re-enrol them with the correct start date. The process of cancelling an employee’s enrolment is known as de-enrolment.

To de-enrol an employee, you’ll need the employer Nest account number (starting with EMP) and the following information about the employee being de-enrolled:

  • surname
  • date of birth
  • National Insurance number or alternative unique identifier
  • gender

To request de-enrolment, please see How can I de-enrol a member by file upload?

Once the de-enrolment is processed, you can re-enrol the employee with the correct start date. To do this, please see How do I enrol workers online?

If an employee is re-enrolled with a start date from a previous pay period, this can make contribution schedules you would have already paid to show as unpaid. For more information please see Why has my schedule moved from Paid into Unpaid?

We value your feedback

Your feedback is important to us. To help us improve, tell us what you think about our employer help centre by taking a short survey.

Take the survey

Was this helpful to you?

Tell us how can we improve this article?

Cancel Submit

Thank you.


Was this helpful to you?

Tell us how can we improve this article?

Cancel Submit

Live Chat

Our live help agents will answer your questions and guide you through setting up and managing NEST.

Our chat is available from Monday to Sunday from 8.00AM to 8.00PM