MenuClose Menu
NEST logo
Access your mails here
Image my account

How can I transfer money out of Nest?

Transfer your money out of Nest

In this video we’ll show you how to transfer your money out of Nest, where you can transfer your money to and what to look out for before you transfer out of Nest.

What do I need to check before transferring my money out of Nest?

  • Nest, along with many other UK pension providers, use a service called Origo Options to automate the processing of transfer requests.
  • Before requesting a transfer pack, please check if your other provider uses Origo Options. If they do, the quickest and easiest way to get your transfer started will be through them.
  • If not, you’ll need to request a Nest transfer pack.
  • If you're transferring to a non-UK based scheme, you’ll need to request an overseas transfer pack by calling us on 0300 020 0090.
  • Please make sure your personal details are kept up to date. If you include your mobile number, we'll text you with an update on your transfer request.
  • The quickest and easiest way to request the transfer pack is by logging in to your online account.
  • Click 'Transfer to another pension provider' in Quick links at the bottom of your dashboard.

  • On the next page, you’ll need to click ‘Send me a transfer pack’. We’ll send you an information pack about transferring out of Nest.


  • Your transfer pack should be available in your Nest secure mailbox within 48 hours.
  • If we hold a valid email address for you, we’ll email you to let you know when it’s there.
  • If you’ve told us you prefer paper communication, the pack will also be sent to you by post and should reach you within four working days.
  • Once you receive the transfer pack, you’ll need to read the instructions in it carefully before entering the details.
  • You’ll need to send us the completed form to the address mentioned in the form for us to start processing your request.
  • We may ask you to send us some proof of identification, if required, by post or through your Nest secure mailbox.
  • If you wish to transfer to a UK occupational or personal pension scheme that is not a public service pension scheme, an authorised Master Trust or an authorised collective money purchase scheme then we will let you know if further evidence is needed.

To avoid postal delays, please use your Nest secure mailbox to send documents to us electronically. We can’t accept copies of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificates. If you are sending one of these documents, you’ll need to send the original document by post. These certificates are Crown copyright, so we cannot accept a copy. We have to see the original.

To send us documents via your Nest secure mailbox:

  • Log in to your Nest account and click ‘Mailbox’.
  • Click ‘Compose message or chat’ and then click ‘Compose message’.
  • Enter the subject, message type and the text of your message in the Your message field.
  • Click ‘Attach file’ at the bottom of the message to upload your document. You’ll need to send separate emails from your Nest secure mailbox for each of your attachments.
  • Once complete, click ‘Send’.

Ensure the attachment file size doesn’t exceed 2 MB. Find out more about how to resize your image file.

  • Don’t compress or zip the files. 
  • Only .jpeg, .gif, .tiff, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx and .pdf file types can be accepted.

We value your feedback

Your feedback is important to us. To help us improve, tell us what you think about our member help centre by taking a short survey.

Take the survey

Was this helpful to you?

Tell us how can we improve this article?

Cancel Submit

Thank you.


Was this helpful to you?

Tell us how can we improve this article?

Cancel Submit

Live Chat

Our live help agents will answer your questions and guide you through setting up and managing NEST.

Our chat is available from Monday to Sunday from 8.00AM to 8.00PM